December 18, 2008

- Poke -

Those who knows me very well,
Will know that I "poke" a lot.


And tonight, I POKED, as in literally.


You see, I'm a Form 6 Biology student,

And for
STPM,
We need to preserve insects.


Yes, Eeeeeeeeeeeeee-xactly.


So me and my friend have made a couple of outings,

To catch insects,
(You see, in Sabah, we live in trees)

And I've finally started to preserve the ones I have.

With the help of my dad and sis, of course.


So, look!


My first try.

Rhinoceros beetles.

Cool ey? It's a... It's errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............................
*scoots off*

Now this, is awesome.



P/S: If you're wondering,
No, Sabahans do NOT live on trees,
We do not swing from tree to tree to go to school.
So get it right, people!!!



6 comments:

Timothy said...

so how do u preserve it? chloroform????? hahaha. or just the plain old hot water technique. i'm interested to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timothy said...

so how do u preserve it? chloroform????? hahaha. or just the plain old hot water technique. i'm interested to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WAH! YOU MURDERER!! You stuff pins on those bugs!! MURDERER!!!

nice collection by the way, always want to be a tad sadistic and get myself a bugs on pin collection. Haven't found the time to sort mine out yet though. LOL

LiLiN said...

[Michael]
hahahah! nice to meet cha btw. XD but yea, i'm a frickin' murderer, i squirm a lot when doing it too. heeeeee. *sigh* it's for science. i don like killin' them, but i don't generally like them either. :-)


[Timothy]
er......... nothing? haha, i asked for formalin from the pharmacy, but the lady just stared at me with the face going, "are u gonna kill someone and preserve the body kid...." so ya, i didn't get any. hoho, just hopes it will rot AFTER i pass it up and get my grades. :-)

keyan kathleen said...

u noe wat my fren told his fren in semenanjung?
"yea, we do live on trees, n we travel around using sampans. well, s im richer, my family has our own sampan. for those who r poorer, they hv to pay to ride the public sampan around. tats hw we live in sabah n swak."
these r the ppl tat spread fake rumors around. so bad la...haha...

LiLiN said...

so, it's EUUUUUUUUU!!!!
XD