October 20, 2010

- First Year, First Sem in UCSI -

My first semester is officially over.
Fast, i know.
I enrolled in the short sem, which is only 2 months long.

Because it was the September intake,
The usual November-December co-op training (practical) cannot be done, 
Thus, it will be made into 2 months holiday. 
On my third year, I will have to do 4 months of practical instead of 2 months.
So.... holidays it is! =D

Well, I think I'll blab about my uni life thus far. :)
Was........ fun, i guess
HAHA

________________________________________________________


I took only two subjects this sem, but it was ridiculously ENOUGH.
Sociology was crazy. Just cause we don't have exams for sociology,
We have to do individual Journals (like a personal diary of what we've learn each week),
Tutorial Presentation (a 10 minute presentation of an article that is assigned to us),
And group assignment (research + survey + analysis etc)
All in 7 weeks.
I know, this doesn't sound like much right?
LOOK

The main textbook. 
Every week, we cover 2 chapters.
Each chapter will be around 20 pages long~




Bookmarked, the 3rd week in.




Mati - my eyesight degree increased a lot since socio. haha. *no joke* 


The journal part was ridiculous,
Had to write summaries of the lessons and answer some extra questions given.
Mondays and Tuesdays are lectures from the main textbook.
On Wednesdays and Thursdays, we cover tutorial presentations (3 or 4 articles each day)
And classes start at 8am EVERY FRICKIN DAY


Hhahaa. But seriously, our lecturer Miss Yap,
Is a real awesome lecturer,
Being fierce and serious is her technique, but we defff learned so much from socio.
My friends and I are so in love with socio (exclude the assignment part)



Journal cover page




The longest thing I've ever written.
78 pages long and over 20, 000 words.




Double spacing, ikut format~




Make it yours~ Original! =)
For the "Act Your Age" article



Comparing top (journal) + bottom (group assignment)
Literally yellow pages cause of the "older" survey.




Group Assignment cover page


It was a fun ride on the rollercoaster of stress. hahaha
My group mates and I (exclude Sara cause she's busier),
Stayed back in the library every single day for the last 2 weeks,
Just to do our journals and assignment.
Gila as hell.

Heading to lunch in the library cafeteria everyday, 
The usual menu for us;
Nasi Lemak, with the incredibly SMALL chickensss
Nasi Goreng Special - our favourite
Revy and my favourite, CHOCOLATE MUFFIN!!!!
And also Joshua's favourite - Coca Cola !  XD

Our never ending jokes about sociology,
Watching girls in short skirts (even me and revy affected by billy),
Teasing Joshua and his secret lover (and him stripping off his imaginary shirt and flinging it around)
Laughing about Sara's shark fin (she thought that shark fin is served in a triangle shape, as in literally the FIN)
Kacauing billy and her boyf. Awwwww 



________________________________________________________


My second subject, was Intro to Advertising.
This... hmmm. not as fun as Socio
Lack of paying attention during class,
Mostly rushing journal, and chatting in class, tie-ing Billy's hair etc

Teddy in class before group presentation




Billy - The last lesson before mid term. HAHA




Transforming into Lilly




HAHA. Like one pony tail isn't enough




And he actually enjoyed it




Until we were LOAO.
lookie at his finger. XD


Classes for advertising aren't so bad,
The assignments were crazy though
3 assignment.
The first was the funniest.
First day of class - where I dunno ANYONE at all~
The lecturer said, "ok, look for your group members, group presentation starts next lesson"
OMG. wtf?!!

And so, my group members were made up of the rejected people.
and there i met joshua and teddy HAHHAHAHHAA

For the last assignment, i came up with an advertisement.
It's a public service ad. =)

I know the "P" looks weird.
It was everyone's first comment. XD
(Help the Needy. Reach out - by the Death Association of Malaysia)
*yes, i spelled death, and not deaf =.= *



It was honestly a crazy 7 weeks.
But THE POOOPZ made it all great. ;)

So far, so good.
I'm loving UCSI  uni life.
It's not the MOST pleasant experience, 
But i wouldn't exchange it for anything else.

First Year, Second Sem. 
Will resume in January. =)


No comments: