April 4, 2010

- Penang Island Trip -

Ok. Actually, I went to Penang AND KL.
But I figured I just split these two up.
Cause I have tons of crap to type and also, pictsssss!
:)

*A big apology though, I did not bring my camera.
Instead I used my 5.0 megapixel camera on my cellphone. Lols

_______________________________________
AND YES,
ALSO, If I describe smtg wrongly,
*Penang lang, si leh. :(
Do correct me if I'm wrong,
I don't wanna be yelled at and stuff. =.=
_______________________________________



Last Wed,
My parents went for Ching Ming in Penang Island,
Their hometown.
And I was happy to tag along. Heeeeeee.

A lot of picts coming up. :)

The hot weather, Yet she is sunbathing. omg.
On the way from KL to Penang.


It was already evening time when we reached Penang.
After getting uncle from his workplace.
We headed for dinner.
In the West, the sun sets much later than in Tawau. 
It sets around after 7++ *I think. lol.


Uncle driving us around. Looking for food. lol.




The pasar opposite Telok Bayan. :D




One of the few types of 'Aphom'.




Telok Bayan food court.




Puthung Malik *or smtg like that~




Yummy tu.




Penang style popiah~ With bang kuang. YUMMY!




USM has 3 main gates. This is one of them.
This is the one to Sungai Dua.



After dinner,
We dropped off uncle to his singing class.
And we continued on loitering around =p



Penang Times Square.
You would think that it's be awesome on the inside.




Er......... Not that much.




Money for the dead. 
Easily bought in stores near you. =.-=



So that's the end of Day one. XD

Day TWO.
After dropping uncle of at work,
We headed for breakfast in Jelutong Pasar.



Chee Cheong Fun.




Lor Mee. A must have.




All of this, for under RM15.
=) Only in Penang. haha!


After we got back in the car to start our fun time.
We found out we got hit and run. =.=

It was worse in real life than it was in this pict.




So we had to come here and ruin our day :(
At least I learned what to do when reporting about an accident.


After settling that, 
That took about 3-4 hours.
We went around some more.
Although Penang is a hometown of my folks',
But they KEEP getting lost.






Wembley. Penang's old cinema.
Much bigger than Tawau's -.-


Penang, 
Is really a town full of history.
Some of the historical buildings still stand.
Although looking worn out,
It looks cool.
Please observe.

On the left, a random old building.
In the middle, Komtar building.
On the right, Penang Times Square. 


After circling the town area.
Dad and mom decided to bring me
To see the "Sleeping Buddha".
That is also known as [Wat Chayamangkalaram]
But I was unlucky.
Cause we were late by a few minutes,
So I couldn't go inside.
=(

From the outside.




:) 




Overall view.




Imagine the Sleeping Buddha statue on the inside.


Then, We took the Gurney Drive to head back to Gelugor
Which is at the Southern part of Penang.
Gurney Drive is like Tawau's coastal highway,
Except it's more prettier and cleaner. XD

Other than Gurney Drive,
There is also Esplanade
(the older version of Gurney Drive)
And the latest is by IJM.
It's really much prettier.
But we went at night, so no picts :(


Passing E&O Hotel.




Gurney Drive.











Okay, This next part wasn't in the plan.
But I wanted to take some pictures.
So mom and dad decided to stop for a while,
Here at [Fort Cornwallis.]


The first place where Francis Light disembarked from his ship in 1768.




A cool hang bridge (that doesn't not work. lol)




Cannon! XD




East India Company VOC logo. =)




Roughly about 10 feet high.




Francis Light.







=.=








Mom's getting ready to fire the cannons. =p




The clock tower.




Very nearby Fort Cornwallis.



Oh yes, and also,
We had a tour in USM.
Here goes.
(Oh crap, If I get any of this wrong,
USM students will freak out)


=p
Taking pictures from the car IS NOT EASY!









Dewan Budaya
Direct translation > Cultural Hall




Institute of Postgraduate Students




Education department *I guess




HBP. My sister's old building. XD




Lecture Halls.




The football field.




AIDS Research Centre.




I think this is the Computer Science department.




Conference Hall




Woot.




USM is one of the oldest local universities.
Cool tree, no?




Yet, something new is in progress.


These are the very few pictures I took of USM.
It's pretty hard to catch, when my dad is speeding off around campus.



DAY THREEEEEEE!

Started off the day with Dim Sum breakfast.
Awesomenesssssssssssssss


No place to sit. Cause it's very cheap dim sum!


After breakfast, We had to get something to my uncle.
So I might as well open a bank account right then and there.


Significant number. XD


Anyways,
After that, We had nothing else to do,
Lols, So dad decided to bring me across the Penang Bridge,
Just for the fun of it. Haha!


It take about 20 minutes to reach the other side - mainland.
Or as we call it, Pahai/Seberang Perai.
(The real name being Province Wellesley)




If only I rolled down the windows, 
Then there wouldn't have been a reflection. Lols.




Ignore the horizontal lines. XD



THEN, FOR THE FUN OF IT.
We rode a ferry back to Penang Island.
Rather than passing the bridge again. HAHA
I told you we had nothing to do.


Before the Penang Bridge, 
Vehicles will get in line to get to the island/mainland and vice versa.




Kinda blurry. But there you go.
Penang Bridge. :)




The town area of Penang Island.




A clearer view. =)




Passed by another ferry.
But ours is prettier, It was yellow. XD












Mom and me, a little tired from the round trip.


After that little adventure.
My parents brought me all the way to Air Itam,
To go check out [Penang Hill]
*Or as we locals call it Bukit Bendera
The cool thing about it is the funicular railway up the hill.

BUT!
It was 'under maintenance' 
But I didn't see anything going on. :(


Luckily,
Nearby Penang hill,
Is another famous tourist spot,
*Not saying that I'm a tourist,
I'm more of a lost traveller XD
Neway, the place is called



The old way up the temple.




A view of the Pagoda.





A fountain right in front of the temple.





Cool view of the Pagoda.





=) Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.





Pagoda of 10, 000 Buddhas.
7 Storeys.





See all the dots?
Those are Buddhas, it's all around the pagoda.





The beautiful carvings on the inside of the temple.




Then, on the other side,
You can take this inclined lift to the top.







It's very high up,
And kinda scary. lol



For this!

It's the Goddess of Mercy, Kuan Yin.
Made of bronze, standing 30.2m high!





You can't really see how tall it is from the pictures.
Made me wanna knock my head to the wall. =.=



So I figured,
This might work.......


Ok, You see the railings in the middle of the picture??
Ya, imagine you are standing by the railing..........
You get how tiny we are compared to this statue?





The view from the top. :)


Anyway, If you have a chance to be in Penang,
You should check this place out.
It's awesome, and totally worth it. :)


After this,
We headed of to Penang's Botanical Garden.
*Which I don't have a link to. XD 
In Penang, it's known as "Ang Moh Hui"
=)



The new construction of the entrance.




The insides are filled with these beautiful views.




According to mom and dad,
Young adults would come here for picnics and dating stuff.
Hmmmmm. Wonder how they'd figure that...........




















Monkeys are all around the place. :)





With a baby. =)))))





:) After this, I bought some peanuts and fed them myself.
No pictures, cause dad gave up using my handphone camera. lol


After a very long day,
We went to pick up uncle from work.
Then head off shopping. =)))

AT Queensbay Mall.
Which is like the best mall in Penang. XD
*Defff better than Times Square~

Our feet has been hurting cause we wore wrong shoes out.
So, we had a break from shopping.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

My first time ever. Having official
Häagen-Dazs





Awesoooooooome Ice cream
Punya zee manis tuuuu


So that sums up day number...
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......


DAY FOUR~  *I think*
This is the main point of the whole trip.
Ching Ming. =)
I have no pictures.
* No thanks =X



Teluk Bahang it is.
Which is about 1++ hours from home. XD




Batu Feringghi beach. 




Hard Rock Hotel.




The Ship.
It's a restaurant.




The red building is Eden, another restaurant.
And behind the green bushes,
Are rocks. BIG rocks.
This makes sense, feng shui-wise.
Think about it. =p




After doing what we needed to do,
We head back to town for breakfast.

Kopi O Peng, good stuff in Penang.




Almond.... er... juice or whatever it's called.



Then, we went for more shopping.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
*I actually forgot where, lol~


I had this is "Home Recipe"
Really yummy. Kinda $$$ though.





Mmmmm. Mocha!~



After that we went for more shopping,
Then,
Headed for some early dinner,
So that we can go back home and rest for the rest of the day.


Having dinner at Relau.




Earth Hour 2010 =.=
Not working very well...............




I was bored. lol



DAY FIVE - LAST DAY.
By this time, my feet were so frickin sore.

We head out for breakfast with eldest uncle.
*Young uncle headed off to KL for an event.


Ordered by mom.
*Sure postpone diet when in Penang.



After riding around,
It was time for food again,
It was our last day.
Like duhhhh, Food comes first.


The food court in Cecil Road.
Which is also known as 7th street in the town area.





Sounds like "Pulienti"
But it's "Pulut Inti" with Kaya.
YUMMEEEEEEEEEE!





Pasembur
*Just say, "Green Fish" in Hokkien.
BTW, it's not fish, at all.




Misc. I dunno. but it's gooooooooooood~





Popiahhh. Me likey.





Ais Kacang.
@.@





Look at all the people~~



After our heavy high tea.
Uncle and dad brought me back to their old house.
a.k.a great grandma's old neighbourhood.
The place where we grew up when we were much younger.



The back alley. =)



Grandma's old place, 
Was torn down....
And is now a new temple..





After everything,
We later went for dinner with big uncle and his family.
Had long chats, It was fun. =)



Cute uncle. hahahha~



END OF PENANG TRIP.
=) YAYS.
Finally done.  *faints*


No comments: